Sunday, July 13, 2008

Colorado visit 2008


Top Ten things to do in Colorado

Paige's favorite place to play; the fireplace at Grandma's cabin.

Let the countdown begin!

1. Go to the Red Top Rodeo.

    Anna had to wear jeans to the rodeo (per dad's orders). The rarity of this occasion merited a picture!

    Watching the mutton busting. Anna said she didn't like the rodeo because they wouldn't let her ride a sheep. When I told her sheep riding could be arranged she quickly decided that maybe she didn't want to ride a sheep.

    Grandma, Paige, Trav, and Anna watching the rodeo.
    Notice the beautiful mountains in the background??

    2. Eat at the Summer Resident Assocation breakfast.
    photo by Anna.

3. Dance to the YMCA at the YMCA of the Rockies.

    My mom, sister, and I all worked here while we were in college.


    Trav & Paige on the porch at the YMCA.

    Trying to decide if they are going to take a pony ride on the Minnie Mouse trail.

    They opted not to. "Maybe next time, when we're bigger"

    4. Take Anna minigolfing. Marvel at the fact that she had a hole-in-one. And, actually scored a 59! She sunk more than one 15 foot putt! It was amazing!


    You probably can't see the hole but Anna sunk the putt from where she is standing.

    5. Take a drive up Trail Ridge Road.

    Grandma & Anna at Rainbow Curve.

    Anna, Jill, & Paige at Rainbow Curve.

    Trav, Anna, & Paige at Rainbow Curve.

    Standing in the snow on "the Top"

    Grandma & Anna looking at mica on the rocks at Lake Irene.

6. Walk around downtown Estes Park.


7. Go to lunch with your Aunt Gail and Uncle Todd (and Todd's girlfriend) in downtown Denver.
















8. Take your kids to the Denver Natural History Museum.


9. Take a family picture at the traditional spots.


    On the porch at Grandma's cabin.

    I think they put this sign in around 1990. I am assuming it's 1990 because I have a picture of myself here wearing a hot pink fanny pack!

10. Go to your friend's wedding!

Angie, Kari, and I went to GFA together!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I had no idea you had a blog!! Yeah! I love that we'll get to see each other's lives so much more now!! You are awesome and I miss you like crazy. Looks like you had a great time in Colorado...