Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Treasure Hunt

March 25th was my 29th birthday. On Tuesday I picked up my new glasses. I had an enormous amount of homework to do, due the 25th at 6 p.m. I was feeling a little sorry for myself. I was thinking it was going to turn out to be the worst birthday yet.
I checked my email and had a message from Debbie (my mom's wonderful friend when we lived in Montana, and now she's my friend too :). She wrote she was reminiscing about our birthday parties and at the end she wrote that she hoped the day was great but she didn't think I would enjoy the treasure hunt as much as I did when I was little. I started thinking about what kind of treasure I would still enjoy hunting for.
As the day went by I continued to get phone calls, birthday cards, emails, texts, facebook messages.
I don't need to look for a treasure.
I have it.
Thanks for a great birthday.

No comments: