Sunday, August 28, 2011

August...or at least what I took some pictures of during August


These first pictures are from our first, of many, trips to visit Katie & Cam in Yakima! Katie got a job teaching high school social studies at Davis High School. They have a really cute house-with a guest room (and a laundry room for Liam to sleep in). We decided it would be fun to go to Mt. Rainer on Saturday. Cameron drove their car about 30 miles up the pass and then rode his bike 60 miles to Reflection Lake. Katie & I came with the kids and met him. We took a hike around Reflection Lakes and then went up to Paradise Lodge. When my mom graduated from College of Idaho in 1991, her parents and our family took a trip to the Pacific Northwest and this was one of the places we visited. We were here in early June and there was still ten feet of snow on the ground in 1991. It was slightly warmer when we were here this weekend!

Hiking around Reflection Lakes

We saw nine frogs on our hike!


We got eaten alive by mosquitoes! In the first ten minutes we were there, I think I got ten bites!
Trav and my brother Ben, who is driving truck for the farm this year, have had two busy weeks havesting! Ben is doing a great job and the farmers are really happy to have him as part of the crew. And, we are also enjoying having him live with us for a month or so.

Paigee! (that's how she spells it if she wants it to have a loud e at the end)

A double rainbow by our house.

We have also done a lot that I didn't get any pictures of. We spent a few days with some friends at Priest Lake, Anna went to Camp Spalding and LOVED it, we got to spend some time with two friends from college who I don't get to see often enough, celebrated Katie, Lexie, and Ella's birthdays.

School starts on Tuesday for Anna-Mrs. Kehne will be her teacher this year. SECOND GRADE! And, Paige starts on Wednesday.

No comments: