Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Here we go skiing

There is something amazing about gliding down a steep, snow-covered hill.  It's exhilarating yet peaceful and when the conditions, weather, and rhythm all match up, it's indescribable.  
And this weekend Anna and Paige experienced that amazing feeling! 
Anna went skiing once last year. She enjoyed it but didn't love it.  Well, this year, she LOVED it!  By the end of the day she was skiing quite well (even without her edgie wedgie).  
Paige was an absolute natural.  She put her skis on, I gave a quick instruction on how to stop and she took off.  Three turns and a wedge stop later she was at the bottom of the hill!  Her instructor took her to the TOP of Mt. Spokane after one run on the bunny hill. 
Having hot chocolate in the lodge.


After hot chocolate the girls' shoulders were soaked through all the layers.  (It was snowing a VERY wet snow) and I thought they'd want to be done.  Nope.  We headed back out for another two hours of skiing.

On Sunday Paige announced, "I have the perfect idea. We move into Grandma Dianes' house.  That way we can go night skiing every single day after school."  Anna concured.
I think they liked it. 

No comments: