When I took the kids to Colorado this summer, to Trav's favorite place on Earth, without him, I received this text:
"We are going to the Oregon Coast this fall!"
He didn't have to ask me twice.
There is literally nothing that I love more than a vacation. Nothing. I love everything about vacation: the actual journey, arriving, unpacking, sleeping in a new bed, trying new (or old favorite) restaurants, having only a small bag of toys that needs to be cleaned up each evening, exploring a new place, going to bed early and waking with no extra responsibilities.
So we planned a short trip before basketball season begins. It coincided with our (nearly) annual Seahawks game with friends from college. This year there were 13 of us. A great time.
After the game we headed to Seaside and we were able to spend two full days on the Oregon Coast this week. We had amazing weather and had a great time together exploring the ocean, beaches, Seaside, the Maritime Museum, the Goonies Museum, Fort Clatsop, watched Free Willy (filmed in Astoria), and ate at Trav's favorite breakfast place.
"We are going to the Oregon Coast this fall!"
He didn't have to ask me twice.
There is literally nothing that I love more than a vacation. Nothing. I love everything about vacation: the actual journey, arriving, unpacking, sleeping in a new bed, trying new (or old favorite) restaurants, having only a small bag of toys that needs to be cleaned up each evening, exploring a new place, going to bed early and waking with no extra responsibilities.
So we planned a short trip before basketball season begins. It coincided with our (nearly) annual Seahawks game with friends from college. This year there were 13 of us. A great time.
After the game we headed to Seaside and we were able to spend two full days on the Oregon Coast this week. We had amazing weather and had a great time together exploring the ocean, beaches, Seaside, the Maritime Museum, the Goonies Museum, Fort Clatsop, watched Free Willy (filmed in Astoria), and ate at Trav's favorite breakfast place.
Liam with Sacajawea and Jean Baptiste Charbonneau
Liam was not happy with his wet jeans.
We were able to meet the amazing Aunt Beez for lunch on the way home. The kids were SO excited to see her!







No comments:
Post a Comment