Friday, January 23, 2009

Dirty candles and Paige's 2nd birthday

I rarely burn candles. Only when people come over and even then only in the main floor bathroom. Since Thanksgiving (the last time I washed the bathroom window) we have had three events where the candle has been burnt. Today I washed the window...


The rag was brand new. Gross! Even grosser: what are we breathing in when we burn candles??

I wanted to make Paige a new blanket for her bed/crib. We headed out to the local quilting shop but didn't find the fabric we were looking for (which was navy blue with white polkadots). As we were leaving I noticed a sign for an antique store. We went in and Anna LOVED it! The tiny, crystal, pink dishes. The old typewriters. The dolls, the furniture, the old clothes, the lace...you can imagine. Anyway, as we walked past the stack of old linens I noticed a bright yellow quilt...and now it's Paige's new blanket (don't worry I washed it on HOT, twice).





Paige's thoughts on turning two.



At our new Bible study group (which is awesome) a fellow mom requested that we pray for her to have more patience with her kids. While I was thinking about how I should be requesting the same prayer, I also started thinking about how many times a week (or day) I tell Anna or Paige "hurry up". On the eve of Paige's second birthday all I want is for both of them to slow down. I want my kids to stay "little" as long as possible.


I want it to be a long, long time before Trav and I answer the phone and a boy asks for one of them. Or, they ask me to leave the room when their friends come over. Or, can tuck themselves in at night.
So, my dear girlies, SLOW DOWN! Let's take this nice and slow.



Can't you stop growing up so fast?

No comments: